We're hiring an apprentice.
Here at Glen Affric we are quickly expanding brewery, looking to bring on a new member of staff for our brewing team. Based in two spacious brand new units in Wirral, we are brewing on a 30HL kit, accompanied with a 5HL & 50L kit for small batch brews, along with an extensive barrel ageing programme. We currently have further expansion planned at our current site, with permissions recently approved for an additional new-build brewery and taproom in Scotland. We are looking for a hard working apprentice brewer with a can-do attitude to join our team in this important period of our future.
Reporting to the Senior Brewers, your role will cover all aspects of the brewery and suit an ambitious, skilled and hands-on apprentice that is excited by the prospect of working for an up-and-coming, fast growing and well-capitalised craft brewery. Full training will be provided in the role, so this is a great opportunity for someone looking to get into the brewing industry.
This role will be 40 hours per week, paying a living wage. The apprenticeship will last approximately six months, at which time the chosen candidate will graduate onto a Brewer role, with an increase in salary.
Learning areas will include:
- Wort production and management
- Fermentation tracking and testing
- Packaging (keg and cans only)
- Barrel programme
- Inventory control
- Production record keeping
- Quality assurance and control throughout the brewing process
- Equipment maintenance
- Maintain safety and extremely high hygiene standards throughout the brewery
- Flexibility – as a brewer you will understand the time needs of a brewery
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise
- Able to work both independently and part of a team
Key experience required:
- Previous brewing experience preferred, but not essential
- Proven history of exemplarily record keeping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Physically fit and able to lift weights of up to 50kg
- Current driving licence
Apply by 15th May 2019 - Please send a CV to email@example.com.
Further info on Glen Affric Brewery: